Nothing says summer quite like linen. It is light, airy and perfect for hot, humid days.
Bemz cover for Nils stool in Light Denim Blue Belgian Linen Blend
Just as a linen shirt can put you at ease in the heat of summer, linen touches in the home have the same cool, calming effect on your family.
Bemz cover for Ektorp sofa, Loose Fit Country style, in Cobalt Brera Quadretto, design Designers Guild
According to Bemz in-house designer Katarina Wiklund, Summer 2013 is all about relaxed linen in timeless stripes and checks, which sit beautifully alongside muted solids like Soft White, Sand Beige and Deep Navy Blue.
Bemz cover for Nikkala sofa in Sand Beige Belgian Linen Blend
"Don’t be put off bright and breezy colours because you have little fingers around," Katarina stresses. "One of the best things about linen covers from Bemz is that they are stain resistant and machine-washable. Twice as strong and durable as cotton, linen covers from Bemz get more beautiful and softer over time. And perhaps even more important to families, this fresh summer-friendly fabric is eco-friendly, non-allergenic and a natural insect-repellent!”
Bemz cover for Klippan sofa, Loose Fit Urban style, in Lapis Brera Largo and Bemz cushion covers in assorted Designers Guild linen fabrics
Katarina’s top five tips for keeping the family cool and comfy this summer - inside and out - without sacrificing on style are to:
1. Treat your sofa to a Bemz cover in chic, laidback Brera linen by Designers Guild, so you can enjoy yourself without having to fret over melted ice-cream or paw stains as your children and furry friends romp around.
Bemz cover for Ektorp sofa, Loose Fit Country style, in Lavender Rosendal Pure Washed Linen
2. Move your favourite old armchair in a Bemz Multi Fit cover in Lavender Rosendal Pure Washed Linen outside to watch your children play.
Bemz cover for Henriksdal chair medium long, Loose Fit, in Absolute White Rosendal Pure Washed Linen
Via Country Living
3. Host a dreamy summer al fresco dinner party for family and friends around a long wooden table surrounded by Henriksdal chairs in crisp linen covers from Bemz.
Bemz cover for Tomelilla armchair, Loose Fit Country style, in Soft White Rosendal Pure Washed Linen
4. Add flowing linen curtains that billow in the breeze. Although whites and creams are obvious choices, muted pastels are also great for that chilled summer look. For extra drama, keep the curtains longer than the length of the window so excess fabric can bunch on the floor. In August, Bemz will be launching a brand new line of curtains, offering made-to-measure up to six metres long!
Florö bed frame in Soft White Belgian Linen from Bemz
5. Swap winter for summer bedding in Absolute White linen from Bemz to help you and your loved ones sleep comfortably on hot summer nights. And while you are at it, add a matching linen bed skirt and headboard cover from Bemz, to create a versatile, coordinated look for tiny tots, teens and up.
For more inspiration on how to get your home ready for summer using lovely linens visit Bemz.comAll photos from Bemz with exception of one from Country Living. See captions for more information.