Not too long ago, there was a feature article in Swedish Newspaper SvD's magazine on Form for Everyday Life, which proffered a tour around designer Daniel Svahn's and interior designer Nicole Morel's home in Stockholm, Sweden.
Needless to say, design sits at the heart of this home where every piece has been carefully selected or designed by this duo.
Here are five decorating tips from this design duo:
- Don't chicken out of crazy decorating ideas! It's your home so do what you want. But try to have a clear plan in place.
- Lighting is important. Ensure you have a variety of light sources in every room to help create ambiance.
- Decorate using personal accessories that mean something to you.
- Don't be afraid to use colour. It provides wonderful contrast and livens up a room.
- Redecorate yourself. Almost everything can be made more personal with some paint and fabric, both old and new.