Just like fashion, home décor trends are constantly evolving. And just like your wardrobe, your home may need an occasional update to keep it looking fresh and inviting. Spring 2013 is no exception.
So, listen up all you savvy fashionistas out there – you’ll be happy to hear that it doesn't take an entire room makeover to brighten up your place. In fact, bringing the catwalk into your home is as easy as going from flats to heels. The most cost effective way of staying on-trend – without sacrificing your wardrobe budget – is by varying the textiles in your home.
Which of the following hot trends for 2013 gets you going?
1) Bright accents: Love super bright accessories in bold orange or canary yellow such as a cheeky yellow clutch by Kate Spade from her Spring 2013 collection? Then pack a punch with a dash of Sun Yellow or Mandarin Orange with a cover from Bemz on a daybed or cushion.
2) Neon: Do you light up at the thought of Kurt Geiger’s neon Starheel and the Supers collection? Then make your home glow with a Fiskis cushion in neon orange, pink or yellow from the Bemz Artist Series cushion series.
Bemz Artist Series cushion covers in Pink Fiskis, Orange Kvarter and Brown Kvarter
3) Floral prints: Want to flaunt floral with Charlotte Ronson's Floral Print dress? Then your home will bloom with a sofa or armchair cover in floral prints by Lisa Bengtsson for the Bemz Designer collection. Or how about big & bright blooms by Designers Guild from Bemz?
4) Landscapes: Digital prints of flora and fauna are turning heads this season and similar photo fracture prints were spotted at Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013. Cultivate your wild side with Rose Dellen or Silver Grey Vallsta digitally printed cushions from Bemz.
Bemz Artist Series Cushion covers - Rose Dellenand Silver Grey Valsta
5) Black & white geometric and optical plays: are making statements on everything from rags to bags. Express this on a chair or bed with a cover from Bemz.
Klappsta armchair in a Dusty Rose Houndstooth cover from Bemz
Nils Chair cover from Bemz in Viola Gråsten Kaleido BrownPlum
For more information on how you can bring the hottest fashion trends into your home, visit www.bemz.com.
Photo credits: All photos featuring sofa and slipcovers from Bemz. Other photo credits in order of appearance: Vogue, Swide, Wardrobe Trends Fashion, Vintage Traffic, Red Carpet Fashion Awards,Vogue UK, The Fuji Files, WSGN, Louis Vuitton, Harper's Bazaar Australia.